
Me + ATM, post-show. I just quit cigarettes forever here:

This is going to be a foode + drinke-heavy post because I'm on this super strict dietary regimen with KMHD, so just allow me to recall the goode ole days here.
We stayed in a hotel downtown instead of Midtown or East Memphis, so instead of driving to our usual haunt Otherlands, we decided to find a coffee shop within walking distance. We discovered Tamp & Tap, my new favorite thing about Memphis. The coffee is kill-er. It fills the space behind your face with pleasantness. I recommend their pour over brew.
We stayed in a hotel downtown instead of Midtown or East Memphis, so instead of driving to our usual haunt Otherlands, we decided to find a coffee shop within walking distance. We discovered Tamp & Tap, my new favorite thing about Memphis. The coffee is kill-er. It fills the space behind your face with pleasantness. I recommend their pour over brew.


Photo by R Virus
This club was not cut into four triangles, wasn't held together with cello-topped toothpicks, or even on white bread, but still gets high marks for good grilling and thick-cut turkey. Fries were good, too, and they had vinegar for me to sprinkle on them. ATM spoke highly of their eggs benedict. Add Bon Ton Cafe to the YES list.

From Memphis, we drove down to Brandon, MS to celebrate ATM's mum's birthday. That evening, we went to Saigon Restaurant in Flowood. It's your standard Viet restaurant with decent phở and vermicelli bowls, but one thing they have going for them is that they serve bánh xèo. Most Viet restaurants don't serve that. In fact, the only other place I've had it in my life is my aunt's kitchen! If you get the chance to have some, do.
On the way back home, we stopped at The Dock in Lake Providence, LA, something I've wanted to do for years. It's a bit pricey, but it's yr chance to get a fantastic shrimp poboy before you're out of Louisiana territory. Lemonade is good, but I suspect it's from a mix. It looks like it'd be a cool place to hang out and drink beer on a Saturday night. Here's the boat 'parking lot' out back:

Here's an exciting thing: my nephews got a new boxer puppy! She's a lovely little creature!
There were a lot of people at my in-law's house that weekend, so she'd sneak into our room and hide under our bed for quiet times. Almost made me want a dog.

See what I mean?


From Memphis, we drove down to Brandon, MS to celebrate ATM's mum's birthday. That evening, we went to Saigon Restaurant in Flowood. It's your standard Viet restaurant with decent phở and vermicelli bowls, but one thing they have going for them is that they serve bánh xèo. Most Viet restaurants don't serve that. In fact, the only other place I've had it in my life is my aunt's kitchen! If you get the chance to have some, do.
On the way back home, we stopped at The Dock in Lake Providence, LA, something I've wanted to do for years. It's a bit pricey, but it's yr chance to get a fantastic shrimp poboy before you're out of Louisiana territory. Lemonade is good, but I suspect it's from a mix. It looks like it'd be a cool place to hang out and drink beer on a Saturday night. Here's the boat 'parking lot' out back:

Here's an exciting thing: my nephews got a new boxer puppy! She's a lovely little creature!
There were a lot of people at my in-law's house that weekend, so she'd sneak into our room and hide under our bed for quiet times. Almost made me want a dog.

See what I mean?

No comments:
Post a Comment